Psalms 25:5b for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long. It's been a long week trusting in God. In spite of the turmoil this week, I've felt His peace inside & surrounding me. My dad went in the hospital Monday & after testing underwent a cardiac catheterization & 2 stents today. I cannot thank God enough for extending our time with him here on earth. I understand when he says he's ready & prepared to leave this earth & see Jesus, and frankly, I feel the same way. However, it is heart-wrenching to think about being left here to deal with human emotions with regard to losing someone I love so much. I can't imagine living my life without Jesus. There is no hope without Him. It gives me infinite peace to know that He is in control & will be with me always no matter what I have to go through.
Psalms 73:23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your consel, and afterward you will take me into glory!!! Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh & my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad that God is giving you His peace! I've experienced it, too, and true to the verse, it really does surpass understanding.
Hope your weekend and readings are going well!
OK, I'm just catching on to this blogger thing - and it's funny how God's word is so applicable whenever we read it! Your thoughts were written in August, and yet I find encouragement in reading the scripture today! Thankfully, God is the same yesterday, today and forever! His promises are true to us just as they were for Benaiah, David, Jeremiah, Joseph, Paul and Mary.
hmmm......never even remembered Benaiah the valiant fighter.....had to go look him up. He killed a lion on a snowy day (how often did they get snow?) & went up against a huge spear-bearing Egyptian with only a club and snatched the spear from the guy & killed him with his own spear. Wow....and we think we have battles. Thanks for sharing un2U
Post a Comment